- Do you or your loved one forget to take your medications on time?
- Do you remember how or when you’re supposed to take them?
- Do you know how to take your blood pressure or check your heart rate?
- Do you remember everything your doctor wants you to do between visits?
- Can you provide your doctor a clear picture of your health between visits?
If the answer to any of these questions is “no,” well@home may be a simple solution. well@home is a simple-to-use and easy-to-understand device that you use at home. The easy-to-read text is clearly displayed on a large eight-inch color touch screen that is bright and easy to see. Recording information is simple, just a touch on the screen.
well@home is a telehealth device patients use in their homes. Telehealth is the delivery of health-related services and information through modern communication technology, such as a phone line. You or your loved one receives communication from the device by text message, graphics or pictures, and human voice recordings. Then you respond by touching the screen. It’s that easy.
The well@home unit performs a variety of functions, including:
- Set up especially for you
- Knows about physician instructions and will prompt you when needed
- Knows daily routine and will help direct you in procedures
- Provides patient education about relevant health problems, medications, and treatments
- Monitors patient health status
- Relays causes for concern to the primary physician and Sanford Bemidji Home Care and Hospice
- Forwards collected information to a secure Web site monitored by your nurse and agency
- Makes information accessible to physician and family at the same secure website