Join our Team!
Thank you so much for your interest in serving your community at Sanford Health of Northern Minnesota. You have chosen to join over 400 other volunteers, ages 14–92, in sharing your time, your talents, and your heart with our patients, residents, staff, families, and visitors.
Volunteers are an essential part of the healthcare team at Sanford Health, sharing a common goal with the organization of providing a lifetime continuance of care for Bemidji and the surrounding area.
We have four areas to serve at Sanford Health. Please click below to find out more about each area.
Friends of Sanford Health
Sanford Bemidji Medical Center
WoodsEdge Senior Living
Sanford Bemidji Home Care and Hospice
As volunteers, you are not here to replace paid staff members. Volunteer work is to support and strengthen the work of our wonderful staff.
- Mantoux tests (to check for tuberculosis or exposure to tuberculosis)
- Criminal background check
- Two confidential references
- Orientation and training
- Making a difference in your community
- Complimentary meal and snacks while volunteering
- Educational opportunities
- Sanford Bemidji Medical Center Gift Shop discount
- Sanford Bemidji Rehab Services membership (after 100 hours of service)
- Meeting new friends, networking, and socializing
- Using current skills and learning new skills