Respiratory Hygiene/Cough Etiquette
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL PATIENTS AND VISTIORS
Friends and family: We encourage you to refrain from visiting when you have symptoms of a cold or the flu.
Patients: Please tell staff immediately if you have flu symptoms
Flu symptoms include fever, headache, tiredness, dry cough, sore throat, nasal congestion, and body aches.
If you are experiencing flu symptoms, remember to:
Cover your Cough and Sneeze
· Use a tissue to cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
· Drop your used tissue in a waste basket.
· You may be asked to wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
Clean your Hands
· Wash your hands with soap and warm water or clean with gels or wipes with alcohol.
· Cleaning your hands often keeps you from spreading germs.