Long-Term & Senior Care
“The aging of the U.S. population is one of the major public health challenges we face in the 21st century.”
– Julie Louise Gerberding, MD, MPH, Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2007
Everyone shares similar concerns about health care for our parents, grandparents, and loved ones as they reach retirement age and beyond. Perhaps your mother gets confused and can't keep her doctor appointments and medications straight. Or your dad seems depressed and doesn't enjoy hunting anymore. Maybe your grandmother suffering from Alzheimer's needs regular attention while you're at work. That's when Sanford Health of Northern Minnesota can help. Learn more about Sanford Health's options for helping you care for the senior in your life. Sanford Health offers a wide variety of services, which may grow to include activities and support that are unique to you and your elderly loved one's needs. Our senior and long-term care services include the following and more - all tailored to meet your needs.
Types of long-term care available from
Sanford Health of Northern Minnesota include:
Retirement living that offers you independence when you want it and support when you need it.
You and your family will experience peace of mind when you live at Baker Park Apartments. We offer retirement living that provides independence when you want it and support when you need it. We work to maintain choice, dignity, and individuality for all our tenants.
Assisted living: Our assisted living services at Baker Park Apartments provide assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs); coordination of services by outside healthcare providers; and monitoring of resident activities to help to ensure their health, safety, and well-being.
- Home care: At Sanford Bemidji Home Care we work together to assure patients the quality care they expect and deserve. Our goal is for all of our patients and their families to become independent. With our assistance, they receive the necessary care and learn to manage their medical condition.
- Hospice: Registered nurses and volunteers provide quality, compassionate care for people facing a life-limiting illness or injury. A team approach to expert medical care, pain management, and emotional and spiritual support is personalized to each person's needs and wishes. Support is provided to the person's loved ones as well.
- Neilson Place: 24-hour skilled nursing care -- Our nursing home provides 24-hour nursing care in a social model environment and offers services for those recovering from illness or injury or those who can no longer live at home, including end-of-life care. Services may include help bathing, dressing, toileting, wound care, and rehabilitative therapy.
- Trillium: Memory care -- Our new memory care residence provides round-the-clock care for those who are living with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Featuring a calm, comfortable and private alternative to an institutional setting, our memory care is designed to feel like home. With an emphasis on personalized care and a secured environment, our tenants live as independently as possible. Chef-prepared dining, an indoor gardening lounge, an activity room and a beautiful outdoor courtyard are some of the many amenities enjoyed by our tenants and their families.
- WindSong: Senior catered living apartments -- While fulfilling our customers' needs for independence, privacy, and social engagement, catered living at WindSong offers many options to address a wide range of healthcare needs. These options include around-the-clock care, on-site healthcare assistance, innovative technology, 24-hour emergency response system, and many amenities, including: a beauty/barber shop, library, and theater. Tenants enjoy chef-prepared dining, housekeeping, activities, and much more. Our new catered living option offers several levels of care in one setting, including: independent senior apartments, a la carte assistance as needs increase and round-the-clock care for those requiring a high level of support. This flexibility allows tenants to stay in their own apartment, as services are delivered and tailored to fit their needs.
Inpatient senior psychiatric services
Our specialty is short-term inpatient treatment for seniors, assisting them with their psychosocial, emotional, and physical needs which are unique to their specific age group. Under the direction of a psychiatrist, a specialized team of health professionals provide intensive psychiatric care.