IMPORTANT: If you are having a life threatening emergency and need help immediately, please CALL 911.
Other help or crisis lines:
- Minnesota Flu Hotline – 866-259-4655
- Sanford Ask-A-Nurse – 701-234-5000 or 800-821-5167
- Hennepin Regional Poison Center – 800-222-1222
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Northwoods Coalition for Family Safety Crisis Line – 218-751-0211
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – 800-799-SAFE (7233)
- Sexual Assault Program Crisis Line – 800-708-2727
The Emergency Department (ER) at Sanford Bemidji Medical Center provides a wide range of state-of-the-art emergency services for Bemidji area residents and visitors. All patients are accepted for care, regardless of ability to pay.
To care for over 25,000 people each year, the department is fully staffed with registered nurses and physician coverage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. On call specialists include:
- Family Practice
- Internal Medicine
- General Surgery
Free parking is available just outside the west emergency entrance.
In the most traumatic situations, helicopter transfers are also facilitated through this facility.
No matter what, Emergency Department staff pledge their commitment to provide quality, comprehensive, and compassionate care to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Our doors are always open.