Sanford Bemidji Medical Center
For questions, call (218) 333-5998.
Thank you for selecting Sanford Bemidji Medical Center for your upcoming admission. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant, please tell a member of our staff.
To make your admission as easy as possible, we request that you take time to read this page and follow the instructions so everything will be ready when you arrive. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 218-333-5998.
At Sanford Bemidji Medical Center, we believe that admission should be both simple and quick. Your admission into Sanford Bemidji Medical Center starts with a physician referral, with the exception of admission from the Emergency Department. During any admission and possibly throughout your hospital stay, you will be asked to supply important information. Please be assured that your hospital record is confidential.
We will ask for and check all of the information needed each time you are a patient at the hospital. You will be asked to present the following:
- Photo ID
- Medicare card, insurance card, or information
- Emergency contact name and telephone number
- A list of your medications: My Medicine List
If you have Medicare, we are required to ask you a series of questions. If we do not obtain this mandatory information each time you visit the hospital, Medicare can refuse to pay your claim.
If your insurance requires a co-payment, we ask that you pay this at the time of registration.
Once your doctor notifies us you will be arriving, we may call you for more information; this will help make your admission faster on the day you arrive. You can help speed up the process even more by pre-registering. To pre-register, print and complete our admission form through the link below and deliver it to the hospital, mail it to the address below, or fax it to (218) 333-6341.
Sanford Bemidji Medical Center
1300 Anne Street, NW
Bemidji, MN 56601
On the day of admission, you'll come directly to the Information Desk on the west side (emergency entrance) of the hospital, unless you are told otherwise. A hospital representative will walk you through the admitting process and provide you with necessary information. Maternity patients will go through the same process, unless urgency requires them to be taken directly to Labor & Delivery.
WHAT TO BRING
When you come to the hospital, please be sure to bring the following:
- A list of the medications you take and the amount you take daily of each. Do not bring your medications with you. A medication form, My Medicine List, is available for download. Print and complete the form and carry it in your purse or wallet. Update the form when new medications are added or you stop taking one.
- Glasses, hearing aids, dentures, toiletries (shampoo, toothbrush, etc.), robe, slippers.
- Photo ID.
- Medicare card, insurance card, or information.
- Emergency contact name and telephone number.
- A copy of your healthcare directive.
- A labor bag for maternity patients. Plan to have baby's clothing and car seat brought on the day you go home.
- Please leave cash or valuables at home.
For more information, please contact our Admitting Department by calling (218) 333-5998.