Sanford Bemidji Medical Center Medication Safety Committee
Everyone at Sanford Bemidji Medical Center is working hard to ensure that medicine errors do not happen.
Sanford Bemidji Medical Center’s Medication Safety Committee works to assure safety in our medication processes. Some of the issues we are working on include:
· Creating a Just Culture for Adverse Drug Event reporting
· Viewing errors through systems management to help prevent future errors
· Looking at all medication errors to monitor for trends
· Auditing use of disallowed abbreviations and notifying staff when disallowed abbreviations are used
· Evaluating the use of high alert medications and all errors involving them
· Working on developing our medication reconciliation process.